California Lawyer Finds Creative Tax Solutions for Businesses
Diligent attorney meets clients’ continuing legal needs
At Marilyn Barrett, A Law Corporation, we help clients manage their business affairs in a tax-effective manner. Our Tax Law practice can help with:
- Intelligent tax planning strategies
- Assistance in preparing a disclosure to file with a return
- Help with an IRS Audit
- Preparing a ruling request to get approval for a proposed transaction
- Help after being accused of under-reporting your taxes.
Attorney Marilyn Barrett provides proactive advice & creative solutions to address your legal concern. With more than 35 years of legal experience, Ms. Barrett represents clients in multiple industries plan their tax strategies and helps resolve disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board and other tax agencies. We provide each client the personalized attention that is only available in a small firm and are committed to maintaining clear, frequent communication with clients at every stage of their legal matter.
Skillful representation for litigation and other disputes
Problems with tax authorities can put you and your business in severe financial jeopardy. We advocate for clients in all types of tax disputes, including:
- IRS negotiations — Our firm understands how to communicate with the IRS and other revenue authorities if your company is the target of an investigation or litigation. The firm diligently asserts clients’ legal rights and challenges questionable allegations and assumptions.
- Delinquent filing issues — Serious consequences can result from the failure to file a tax return. Even if you do not have the ability to pay your tax obligation completely, curing a delinquency is usually in your best interests. We can help work out an installment arrangement and minimize penalties.
- Income tax audits — Defending against an audit requires a thorough understanding of the legal issues and familiarity with the methods used by government auditors. With more than three decades of tax law experience, our firm will make the strongest possible presentation on your behalf.
- Private ruling requests — The tax law is often not clear and you may not want to engage in a transaction without more certainty. We can help you prepare a ruling request to the IRS to obtain its pre-approval of your proposed transaction.
Our goal is always to attain the best possible outcome, whether that is achieved through negotiation or litigation.
California counselor delivers strong results in various taxation matters
We assist clients in throughout California in a full range of tax-related tasks, including:
- Business tax planning — We advise clients on all types of key decisions, including which form of entity provides the most effective tax structure.
- Transactional tax treatment — Our firm identifies and implements tax strategies to enhance the value of what you receive during the purchase, sale or merger of company assets.
- Incentive Compensation plan decisions — If you’re seeking to maximize tax benefits from compensation plans such as stock options, restricted stock and phantom stock, we can show you how to proceed.
If you are unsure about whether an experienced tax attorney can help resolve your issue, we can assess your circumstances and explain your options.
Contact an experienced California tax attorney
Marilyn Barrett, A Law Corporation assists California businesses with various types of taxation & business matters. Please call 310-740-0662 or contact us online to schedule a meeting at our Los Angeles office.